Tuesday 24 September 2013

Dinner at Jamie's


Last week for my mate Anny's birthday we went for dinner at Jamie's Italian. As it was her birthday, she chose, obviously. Now, I'm not one for choosing an Italian restaurant to go and have dinner (especially over say an awesome Chinese or Thai joint) as I always saw it as seriously simple food that I can make at home for half the price or even more. Which I guess everything is when it comes down to it. Nevertheless, I am glad she choose Jamie's, as I was thoroughly pleased with what I randomly chose and knew that I would not be making that myself anytime soon!
I could definitely taste the freshness of the pasta and the delicious, oh so delicious crab with its accompanying ingredients. I got a large and wanted more! Was not feeling the portion size to be honest. But still loved it. Great vibe, great food equals good times. 


A sort of bird's eye view of our grub! We ordered (from bottom left clockwise) the crab spaghettini, prawn linguine, vongole tagliolini, Jimmy's farm Italian sausage, posh chips, funky chips and spring pea and mint ravioli. And yes, we all agree that they were as delicious as they look!   

A beautiful sight. My crab spaghettini. 
It felt like it was gone in 60 seconds! 

Everything was  so fresh and tasty! Great job chefs!
Now on to the desert. We all decided to get the same epic brownie- but with different ice cream flavors. After having it, I fully understood why they called it epic. Because it is. The warmness of the chocolate sauce combined with the moist brownie and fresh cold vanilla ice cream made it so good, this too was gone in 60 seconds. The popcorn was a added bonus, giving the desert some crunch.



Regarding the interior, I absolutely loved it. I felt like I was in a fully functioning kitchen and pantry all in one. It felt very homely indeed, and the booth we got made the night extra special. We went to the one located in Covent Garden (seems like we have a thing for Covent Garden haha) which is surrounded by beautiful street garnishing- I'm talking about the flowers. At night, it really lightened up the place! You should go and see it if you are able to get to Covent Garden.






Outfit wise, I just bunged on what was closest to me! I love this jumper dress, it's very comfy and warm, but cannot be worn alone- it's far to short. I paired it with my mini bodycon skirt just to keep the look cute and simple. 
Jumper dress-Misguided
Skirt- F21 in the States
Shoes (Flatforms)- ASOS

Blurry, but you get it!
With the birthday girl! Thanks for being in London on your birthday, another reason to go out and celebrate! :D

Stay blessed, blessed ones.
Sx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out my blog, I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading them.

Sx